One of the most important resources when building a company is your team. A good team culture is key to improve employee engagement, reduce turnover and interpersonal conflicts. Culture is created by people, not the objects placed around them. For example, putting a ping pong table in the office will not automatically create a good culture. Culture takes time to build. It’s not tangible.
For further information, please see Culture Management
Layer’s Open Culture Guide constitutes a great example on how to set up company culture guidelines and how to effectively communicate them.
Oskar does a daily check-in on your teammates via Slack on how they’re doing. This can help to spot internal problems early-on. The objective is to reduce feelings of isolation in remote teammates.
- Create a monthly lottery lunch where people from different teams go out for lunch.
Language tandem program
- Leverage the diverse backgrounds of your team. This might be the ideal set-up to establish a tandem language program within your company
- What is a language tandem?
- A language tandem is a personal and flexible method to learn a language, which fits into any calendar and moreover is a lot of fun. All interested people sign up and indicate what language they speak, and what language they want to learn. The “pairs” are then matched based on these criteria.
- How does it work?
- There are a few rules for a well-functioning language tandem:
- regular meetings (preferably once a week)
- both languages are spoken during every meeting
- time is divided up equally between the languages (e.g. half an hour German, half an hour Croatian)
- in every phase just one of the languages is spoken
- every person is a learner half the time and a mentor the other half of the time
- correction of mistakes in a sensible way
Regular team events
- Team events contributes strongly to team building which builds trust, mitigates conflict, encourages communication, and increases collaboration. Effective team building means more engaged employees, which is good for company culture and boosting the bottom line.
- Team Event Ideas/Providers
- Remote team events
Why Team Building Is The Most Important Investment You'll Make
Team building has a bad rap. In most companies when a supervisor says, "We're going to do some team building!" employees start re-running old episodes of The Office. It's one thing to see it on TV, but getting a real-life taste of your manager mimicking Steve Carell's insanely-awkward-try-hard leadership style just isn't as funny.
75 Insanely Fun Team Building Activities For Work In 2022
Believe it or not, fun team building activities for work are critically important to the success of your business. In fact, the personal bonds formed between team members actually give your company a competitive edge. How does this work? It's all about engagement.
Teams that play together, stay together
The platform making team events beautifully easy, virtually and in person. Get inspired, book and plan your team events in minutes.